Thursday, January 13, 2011

1/13/10 Doctor Update

Progress report! Thanks to all who have been thinking about me, and praying for recovery.

First, the good news! The loose, leaky, flapping valve in my heart they found the day of the accident, is healing. It sounded better today. We've adjusted some medication, and I am starting to get some energy back. I walked around the grocery store a little today, and with some general direction, instead of ambling aimlessly. My chest got a little tight, and a little short of breath.. but the dr isn't sure if this is general muscle healing, or my heart still healing.. So!

The bad news... I am scheduled to sit on my toosh for another week, and have a treadmill stress test next Friday. If I pass, I can go back to work, and start back into my normal routine. I am to stay on the heart medicine for 8 more weeks!!!!!

Have you ever caged a monkey? Yeah, you know, the zoo monkeys. The hang from the ceiling, from the walls, from everything?! That is what I feel like. I am used to longing, riding... heck, I'd settle for grooming right now.. Then, moments occur like this morning.. I reach down to put a cookie in the dog crate, and get dizzy standing back up right. Or, I get up out of the recliner, and get dizzy half way to the kitchen. It's NVTS! I don't do sitting still well, at all. Even more entertaining, I can't multitask on the meds. It's humorous, almost. I can't wash dishes, and talk on the phone at the same time without fumbling one or the other.

So keep on thinking, keep on praying. I am reading some of ya'lls updates, riding vicariously through you. So nuzzle noses, brush a little extra for me, and ride another lap around the arena at any gait you please, and think of me.

Romeo? Harley? They're being pretty good, hanging out, behaving. Jen came over before it got awful cold, and put Harley's slinky Batman mask on for me. She said he behaved very well. I'm about ready to take it off today, if the cold nights are gone. He's been great, keeping it on, and not scratching or ripping it. Good BoY! He's started choosing to walk with me in the pasture a little, always facing up with two eyes to me. Fantastic!

4 comments:

Rising Rainbow said...

I don't do sitting well either so I know just how you feel. When I had surgery a couple of winters ago, I had to lay low for weeks, it was awful. I feel you pain but don't push it. I tried that, it cost me more time being laid up. That really sucks.

Glad to hear your heart is on the mend. That's awesome news.

Mrs. Mom said...

Yeppers... I feel your pain too.

Be thinking of you. Cant ride until next Monday, but when I *do*, I'll ride for you too. Promise. Meantime, I'll squeeze the Locust Brothers from you too ;) (BTW--- they include you and your booboo heart in their bedtime prayers every night too. *sniff sniff*)

SunnySD said...

Glad you're on the mend, and had to chuckle at the caged-monkey description! When the horse came over on me a couple years back, the doc just said, "do what doesn't hurt" - what hurt was pretty much everything. And for probably longer than it should have been since I rushed it. Relax while you can, cause you're gonna have a busy time of it once the cage door opens :)

Kate said...

You've received the Stylish Blogger Award! Swing by my blog to check it out.
Good to hear you're on the mend! I came so very close to having the same thing happen to me last weekend, so I have full respect for you!