Friday, November 16, 2012

11-11-12 AHHf, Intro C

11-11-12 All Heart Horse Farm
Marilyn Kulifay, Judge
Intro C
Score 62.500%

1. A to X Enter working trot rising. Halt through medium walk. Salute - Proceed working trot rising.
6.5 Straight Halt; Drifting left after X

2. C Track right working trot rising.
6.5 needs a little more energy

It’s worth mentioning that right here, going into the circle @B, the judge blew her little “you screwed up whistle”. I rode up to her, asked “What’d I do?” She then realized she wasn’t reading the right test, wasn’t paying attention, or something. She laughed, apologized, “I thought that circle was supposed to be somewhere else. You can go back to the circle @B”. I laughed back, and hid my frustration.

3. B Circle right 20 meters.
6.5 circle needs to be a little more round

4. A Circle right 20 meters developing working canter in first quarter of the circle, right lead.
Before A working trot rising
6.0 a little early. Should go to A, then pick up canter

5. (Transition in & out of canter)
6.5 fairly smooth

You know something’s wrong when you get a 6.5 on “fairly smooth”, right?

6. K-X-M Change rein, working trot rising.
6.5 fairly straight. Needs to stretch over the top line

That’s odd. I don’t see “Stretch down” anywhere in the diagonal trot requirements…

7. E Circle left 20 meters.
6.5 circle to be rounder

8. A Circle left 20 meters developing working canter in first quarter of the circle, left lead.
Before A Working trot rising.
6.0 wait until after A to pick up canter

9. (Transition in & out of canter)
6.0 needs prep and balance

10. Between F & B Medium walk.
7.0 fairly smooth

See, here it got a 7. Real consistent, eh? *sarcasm off*

11. B-H Free walk.
H Medium walk.
6.5 shows overstride. Ask for more stretch down

12. Between C & M Working trot rising to A.
6.0 a little fussy in bridle

13. A – G Working trot rising; Down centerline. Halt through medium walk. Salute.
5.0 straight on centerline. Halts at X rather than G

Darn me. I couldn’t hear the caller in the wind, and I flat out forgot it was G rather than X. oh well.
Collective Marks
Gaits (freedom and regularity). 6.5
Impulsion (desire to move forward with suppleness of the back and steady tempo). 6.5
Submission (acceptance of steady contact attention and confidence). 6.0
Rider’s position (keeping in balance with horse). 6.5
Rider’s effectiveness of aids (correct bend and preparation of transitions). 6.0
Geometry and accuracy (correct size and shape of circles and turns). 6.0

Attractive pair! Encourage horse to stretch over topline more. Wait until after A to pick up canter (circle starts at A, so 1st quarter is after A)

I respectfully disagree, but without video, I only know what I remember riding it. I thought I picked up canter on that corner, well after A. In fact, I thought I was late in the second canter, since we were fighting the wind. Ah well…

No comments: