Sunday, January 13, 2008

Clinic Update

I've got guts... but also determined to get over my fear if I kill myself or drive my horse crazy...

I've signed up for a Friday to Sunday private clinic from that website linked previously. Last weekend in February. Just me & my horse, with instructor's lesson horses as appropriate.

I deliberated on this for nearly two weeks.. Just couldn't work up the courage to admit that a boot-camp style weekend may be the only way to conquer the fear. This nit-picking around isn't going to get it done.

I've used up work gift awards in exchange for hotel gift certificates. That should just about cover the two nights. All that'll be left is to commit to eat well while I'm there...

Tomorrow morning I'll put up a summary of tonight's ride.

3 comments:

GW said...

Is this the place you were waiting on for a reply? As for the eating, it's public now -- Consider yourself committed. ;) Eat, girlfriend.

Jennifer said...

The problem is eating well. It'd be one double session Friday evening, double Saturday morning, double Saturday afternoon, and one last double session Sunday morning. If I pile up on sugar & junk, I'll just have a sugar crash & end up sick... Eat too much, and I'll want to spill it all over the lesson instructor.

GW said...

Like we've talked about, have lean protein and complex carbohydrates on hand since that will give you sustained energy. You don't have to eat a lot, just eat well. Plan ahead -- you're a good planner for lots of things. Now plan for yourself. :)