Thursday, January 24, 2008

It's What I Do

I got word of three ill friends yesterday. There's an ugly flu bug going around the region, and two of the three were impacted pretty severely. There is not much else I can do but pray, and pray some more, and again a little more. I was thanked for being considerate & supportive... It's what I do. I worry, I ask the questions, and always help if at all possible.

Still, it rains. It's cold, windy, and rainy. These are the wintery days I miss home, where it's cold, and it snows. Snow... you know, that wet stuff you can brush off your jacket... Not the rain that soaks in and leaves the freezing feeling. That same snow that comes with cold temperatures wintery enough that your breath comes out like a fog. We don't get that kind of winter here, but instead this nasty rain & 20mph wind gusts...

I feel a reflective day coming on ... Lots of sitting & thinking ...

No comments: