Saturday, August 23, 2008

Drip Dry

Rains may have finally passed on. It's been doing anything from drizzle sprinkle to downright pouring almost every day for a week or so. Pasture's greening back up, as is my front yard. Riding mower battery was pretending to be dead yesterday. I charged it back up, and can only hope it's healthy again today. It's a lotta yard to push-mow.

Attended a concert put on by the local churches yesterday. The choir group I was in were first to sing. We did good enough, for practicing each song once, have not sang together in two months. The sound system wasn't incredibly cooperative, but we were joyful enough to make the evening news. I don't have local channels at home (stupid DirecTV), but I'm told my face was plastered across the screen. I asked the person that told me, "Did I at least look happy to be there?" The answer was a resounding, "Yes". Good!

The overall event was good, in my opinion, for the first time it's ever been put on. There were plenty of sponsors, admission was free, food was cheap, and the music was pretty darn good. There was a wide spread of denominations there, thus a wide spread of ways to worship. I'll avoid the "hot topic" by simply saying -- Not everyone was in his or her comfort zone. There were a few folks quite uncomfortable, and I wasn't one of them.

Politic update --- Joe Biden. UGH. Just what the Dems needed - another Liberal. One opinion was discussed I found amusing - Obama is yakking change, yet he picked a long-term Senator. Who would have ever thought that "change" has been in the Senate for 36 years, sneaking around.... good place for "change" to hide, I suppose. ;)

A morning of sattire & sarcasm... sorry ya'll. I'll get back to horses just as soon as I can get back in the saddle. Wet, shoeless hooves.... So I talk about what I can until I get back to what I want to be doing.

No comments: