Monday, September 13, 2010

09/10/10

Friday evening, well, early evening.. It was still a little hot, but not 110F+ like it's been. A very sporadic breeze made the weather almost tolerable.

Ransom and I had an amazing, awesome ride. He was goofy on the lunge line warmup, insisting that canter left was highly more amusing than trot left. Right was like always.

I hopped on, and I got much of the same for about the first 15 minutes. Heading right, steady-eddy quiet & collected. Heading left, he kept insisting he needed to canter rather than trot. It was funny, he'd trot light, get a little faster, then push up to a canter, and was less than agreeable going back to trot.

I laughed at all his new found energy. I was impressed that, in the heat, he was still so eager to work. His trot left felt good once I got him settled in between my legs (translate: Heavy half-halt or three, and he began acting more like normal). I found his stretch-down trot circles easy to get into, hard to get out of. He would leave his neck low, over-bend his nose, and if I added too much leg to get his head up, that nose would fling outward.

A very nice ride, and I was glad to be back in the tack again.

No comments: