Monday, July 12, 2010

FreeStyle Farms 7/11/10 Training Test #1

Ransom had a longer warmup than the last show. I very quickly realized this was NOT going to be OUR day. He was stiff, and had a huge case of the “I don’t wanna work”-it is. I tried a nice long rein, and he was compliant. As soon as I’d ask for a transition, or any sort of rein shortening, he’d hollow his back, shorten the stride, and pop that noggin up. Argh.. muttermutter.

Called for the first Test, off I went. Huge Error – I didn’t look carefully at the test orders. I rode in centerline, all pleased & happy with myself. Why not? I’d done well at the last test, and, while Ransom wasn’t perfect, he sure was quiet. Halt, Salute, proceed working trot. Headed right, circle 20m, canter in the corner, canter 20m circle. *ding ding* What’d I do?

Oops.. Training #2 before Training #1. The judge pointed out my screw up, told me how to fix it, asked that I go back to the last letter, ride my diagonal at trot, and proceed.
“Do I know test #2? Do I need it called?”
“No, ma’am. I thought I was up for #1 before #2. My fault entirely. I’m sorry.”

So, these will be out of order ridden, but they’re here. The scores are rather yuckie. More 6s and there’s even a 4 in TL1 for free walk –I hope I can get the video posted. He didn’t really get “irregular” – he blew his nose, and kept on going. *giggle* Now, it’s rather funny.

After the test details, I’ll comment a little on things that occurred outside the arena. Things that annoy me, and if by accident those “watchers” find my blog, I’d like them to know how it felt.

Training Level #1, L. Cummings, Judge
1. Enter working trot, halt at X, salute, proceed working trot
5 = wiggly on centerline, reluctant to halt

2. Track left, circle 20m
5 = getting quick; same uneven steps

3. Working canter left lead between K & A
6 = twisting, slightly haunches in

4. B Circle Left 20m
6 = falls over outside shoulder

5. Between centerline and B working trot
5 = not always regular

6. C medium walk
6 = braced into walk

7. Long free walk down the diagonal
4 = some loss of rhythm; not really at free walk

8. "A" working trot
7 = better rhythm

9. Circle Right 20m
7 = encourage longer strides

10. Working canter right lead in the corner
6 = against hand to canter

11. "B" circle right 20m
6 = balanced to forehand

12. Between centerline and "B" working trot
6 = slightly braced

13. Down "A" centerline, halt, salute.
6 = some resistance to halt

Rider comments
Gaits = 5
Impulsion = 5
Submission = 5
Rider = 5

Attractive team. Horse not always regular today. Need to see willing, useful, elastic connection so you can balance horse with half halts.

No comments: