Thursday, August 5, 2010

08/05/10 Ransom In Action

I got up almost as early as I do for a work day, fed the kids inside, fed me, fed the horses. Ran outside, got Ransom, saddled him dressage, and prayed for a good ride. See, I took off three hours' vacation for this ride, and I wanted it to go well. I was on a time schedule, and for it to all work out, Ransom needed to cooperate. The last two times I rode him "in a hurry", he was a jerk, and I didn't get done what I wanted to. He got stiff, ugly, and generally a cranky old fart.

He was a saint. Obviously seeing his little Brother Mo get the last three rides in a row, knowing Mo got to "go bye bye", and he didn't, Ransom was committed to show me he's a hero, too. We rode all three gaits, but a lot of walk and trot. He was amazing. His trot was forward! The walk? Marchy! Really sweet. In fact, when he'd relax to free walk, he'd slow down. As soon as I'd gather up those reins, it was On!

A really awesome 30 minute cram session. I got to ride my big Super Star, and he got to show off for his Momma. I hand scrubbed the sweat & dirt off when I hosed him down. Didn't matter- by tonight, he was covered in dried sweat & dirt again. Booger needs to learn rollin' doesn't make ya feel better in this heat.

1 comment:

Yankecwgrl said...

That's great! I'm glad he was a good boy for you! :)