Tuesday, January 24, 2012

1-20-12

Rode Harley on the flat. We got all the way to the arena, I noticed he didn't have any rear leg protection on - I forgot to put his R.E.S. boots on. So we stayed away from poles and X's.

He was wiggly-wobbly. Maybe from the jump line, when I wasn't totally focused on straightness, but he was all over the place. Maybe also still adjusting to his new feets from the Sunday trim, not sure. We worked on any kind of a straight line I could get. I argued with him about collection, and then finally had to settle for light on the bit just to get lines.

Romeo and I started our fitness training.
5 minutes longe
10 minutes trot/canter nonstop (5 minutes each direction)
5 minutes walk (backing, circles, turns on fore/haunches, sidepassing)
10 minutes trot/canter nonstop (5 minutes each direction)
5 minutes walk (backing, circles, turns on fore/haunches, sidepassing)

Romeo got tired quick, then gained some energy towards the end.

1-21, Jen and I travelled to Houston, then back home. 1-22 we went back to Houston, and watched a GSWEC HDS recognized show. Interesting to see most of the competitors there at the "big show" are the same crowd as the schooling series.

No comments: