Sunday, January 1, 2012

Bringing In 2012

First, after the Championships, I gave Harley a few days off to rest.



Then, it rained. Not complaining about the rain, but it rained. Quite a bit, quite a few days in a row. Then, I got busy with holiday cheer, and cooler weather.



Now, I've got a head cold. Sinuses are stuffed up, sneezing, coughing a bit. No fever, so I am trying to do my best to avoid anything worse than just a viral cold. To that end, I haven't been riding a ton.



Harley hopped through some ground poles at trot with me, but otherwise, I have had some loose rein rides with him (something that puzzles him... work without bit contact... time to refresh that memory and make him go independent of me).



Boss and I have learned a dressage whip is our friend. :) Not as many difficult rides physically. Lesson coming with Sam soon. YahOO!



Romeo? He's just Mo. Walk, jog, lope. Turn on forehand, turn on haunches, side pass, back up. Back up circles, stand patiently. He does well. I don't expect perfect, since I don't ride him often enough to keep him fit for perfect. But he is paying attention to me, and being polite

No comments: