Wednesday, July 16, 2008

7/15 Lesson

Chewie warmup in side reins in the arena, pulled the lunge line from my hands four times, kicking out, bucking, rearing up, being a complete dork. After multiple circles at canter, he lost his will to fight. I think he was upset that the neighbor's cows, and a few deer were free whiel he had to work, because when he did "lookie see spooks", I pushed him forward.

Cooperated like a saint for a run through of all four dressage tests for Sunday's show. We won't be perfect, but improving over the last time I did a test, and much improved mentally between the two of us over the past seven months. For the first time last night, on the rail, headed "towards the barn", he didn't try to bolt, didn't throw his head up, and I didn't have to "force him easy" with my seat. He was amply rewarded with pats & praise, and had four more opportunities and didn't try it. His up transitions "at the letter" are improving, while his air-brakes are so solid in the down transitions, I will need to ask last minute for the trot-to-walk "at the letter".

On to a more humorous topic...

Okay.... It might be an inappropriate question, but I've always wondered...

Do you keep your home bathroom cleaner than the public restrooms? Who is it that leaves scraps of TP on the floor in the public restrooms? Do they do the same thing at home? And who tosses their hand paper towels near the trash can, but not in it? If they did that at home, wouldn't wife or Mom be hollering?

Have you ever wondered, "Who made this mess!?!" when you were visiting the public restroom? When that's my first thought, the second is always, "I wonder if they'd get away with this at home?"

If you're the one leaving a mess, clean it up, please! :) All meant in humor, but still worth discussion...

1 comment:

SunnySD said...

You know, I've often pondered the same thing in public restrooms!

Good luck on the dressage tests Sunday. Hope the storms avoid you and there aren't any cows to envy on show day :-)