Monday, March 8, 2010

03/06/10 Hay Hay Hay!

Get up Friday morning, call the feed store.

Ya'll have any hay?
We have just a few left.

So I rearranged my day. Got to the feed store, laid payment & claim on the last 5 bales they had. I had places to be (including a doctor's appointment) in the afternoon, so I gave them my promise I'd be back later to load the hay. Store owner seemed a little miffed at the notion I was leaving them there.

You're coming back to get this, right?
Well, DUH! I'm not giving you money for nothing. I just ain't losin' it in the stoopid walmart parking lot in town.

Got my errands done, doctor's done, and headed back to the feed store. I pull up to a FULL TRAILER LOAD OF HAY. An 18-wheeler tractor trailer loaded full of squares. I stormed in the store, upset. Why tell me "that's the last 5 you're going to have until fresh cut" when the trailer's full? liars liars...

Why is that trailer full if there isn't anymore?
Truck came around 12:30. But you can only have ten per customer.
Fine. Then give me my other 5. I can work around the system.
Don't use a check with your name on it if you think you're gonna send someone else in here.
No kidding. I'm not stupid.

As of this morning, I had 25 bales in my barn. I won't say how the other 15 ended up there, nor will I comment on the other 5 I've paid for. But the feed store can't complain. It's "10 per customer" (which conveniently became "5 per customer" for someone else I know Saturday morning), and I happen to have 25 of them total.

30 bales should hold us just fine until fresh cut in early May. Lord bring the rain, but bring the sunshine, too.

No comments: