Wednesday, April 21, 2010

04 19 Ransom Says



Leg shot - Front Right. You see that little bump on his leg? Yeah, that's the owwie. Strange, because it can't hurt him too bad - I pushed on it and he didn't fuss, I trotted him on the leadrope, and he didn't bobble his noggin...

What's really funny? After Day 2 of cold hosing, I let it dry while he ate some grass outside the feed stall, while I prepped supper. He saw LittleBrother got grain, so he wandered in his stall/paddock, and looked at his empty bucket. "Okay, I can feed you too now, if you want." Got his grain dumped, and while his leg finished drying, I fed the kids inside.

I went outside, poulticed, wrapped, all that, him still eating (untied). Got him relaxed & took the halter off, his head still in the feed bucket, something like this...




"Yum, Mom, Dinner. Thank you. You can go away now. I feel silly in these BLUE leggins.. Like an 80s aerobic instructor.. I look silly..."

Nah, Ransom. You look awesome. Like an upcoming TV star I heard about. *wink*

2 comments:

Yankecwgrl said...

Yummmmmm.....dinner was goooddddd!!! :) Silly boy!

SunnySD said...

One of the mares has a bump about the size of a quarter on her front knee. Never bothers her, and it's squishy. Windpuffs I think are commonly around the fetlocks, but since otherwise this mostly fits the description I've been calling it that. The farrier looks at it every time she's out, tests it for heat, etc., but it never changes. One of those scratch your head and wonder where they got it sort of things, I guess.