Monday, April 26, 2010

4/24/10 I Just Flew In

And boy are my arms tired! Jen and I got off to a nice early start Saturday with a very productive lesson.

We spent nearly an hour on the lunge line, actually losing track of time, focused on "airplane arms", and the new point of balance. There were very few loss of balance moments - Some of what I'd done Friday made me think that, when I had my arms up & out, my legs were out in front of me. Such is not the case. I've become so used to the old/wrong body position, that I need to learn my legs are in fact right where they're supposed to be - under me!

The trot work in the airplane arms is hard work, canter is much easier. It was nice to feel only slightly out of the saddle, and very very upright in the tack. It will take much more repetition to become very good at this, but I'm well on the way.

I hope the next lunge lesson to be in the airplane arms without stirrups at all three gaits. It's a lofty idea, but Ransom is super peaceful on the lunge, and knows his job is just to keep on going, and keep me in the middle.

No comments: