Thursday, January 22, 2009

1/19/09 The Week

Haven't had any riding yet this week. Ransom decided Sunday he didn't need all four shoes, and that's since been repaired. Romeo seems to be feeling much better. He's nickering when I walk up to the stalls, and seems to be eating his meals, though much calmer than before. I'm saddling him up tonight, and we'll see how he's feeling. I suspect he won't be as wild as he was, from the tummy problem combined with a significant feed decrease.

Outside of horses, life at work has been stressful, personal life a bit more interesting. I've given my brain plenty to process, and my heart a bit as well. My country has a new President, and, while I don't trust him any farther than I could throw him, I will stand behind him. Well, wait, hold that thought.. I'll stand way way behind him, hiding behind a soldier, with all my cash stashed in a coat pocket. When the trouble comes, he won't find me saying, "Hey Boss... Pick me!" I'll instead say, "Hey Dude. You got us in this mess. It's your job to get us out!"

1 comment:

SunnySD said...

I think you'll have lots of company away back there out of the "pick me" crowd. Should sure be interesting to see what the new CIC does with the mess he's inherited. Good or bad, he's gonna get plenty of credit or blame, that's for sure!

Hope for all our sakes things get better. I really don't want to see what kind of position "I told you so" means we'll be in...