Friday, January 16, 2009

Take Some Happy Pills

Cowboy Les and I have a HUGE joke...

See, when we were hauling Chewie to Katy, I was a nervous wreck. I was worried if they'd like him, worried if he'd behave, worried I wouldn't like the new horse (Ransom). I was nervous...

We took a lunch break before arriving at the barn, and had some lunch. Les walked over to the gas station across the street, saying, "Wait here, I'll be back. We're going to get you some happy pills and calm you down." When he walked off, I started to ponder what he might be up to. I wasn't going to drink - seriously... I had to ride a brand new horse, and I wasn't doing it even with a buzz. I don't take many over-the-counter medicines, just a couple for my blood sugar management. So I was a little puzzled what he'd be up to.

He arrived back at the truck, holding a bag of M&Ms, and two diet Pepsis. He tore the end of the M&M bag, poured out two, handed them to me, and said, "See if that doesn't cheer you up & make you smile."

M&Ms - The Happy Pill.

No comments: