Wednesday, October 20, 2010

10-17-10 Ransom's Red ToeNails

I tacked Ransom up in hunt seat. In flat work warmup, I quickly realized I hadn't seen that saddle under me in quite a while.
It's slippery leather
It squeaks a lot
The seat is really shallow
Legs are super shorter
And it automatically perches ya forward if you're not concentrating
=) Fun!


After I got my hunt-sea legs back, R and I set up some trot poles on the circle. Ransom fumbled through them a time or four before realizing they weren't going to give, weren't going to move, and he needed to pay attention to his hooves. We hopped over the pole set a dozen times each way, at least. By the end, Ransom was not tapping them with toes, and I was giggling through them. He actually tried a few times to trot two, and canter OVER the last two at once. Anything to jump, I swear.. =)


Total work, about 45 minutes. When I was untacking, and brushing out the sweaty fuzz, I saw red paint marks on his toes. Okay Ransom, if you wanted your toes painted red, you coulda asked. No need to rub it on yourself off the poles!

No comments: