Friday, April 12, 2013

4/12/13 Romeo

I saddled Mo up in his slightly cleaner saddle, put his "working bit" in overtop his survival knot halter, and off we went to H's pasture.  With H in the paddock, we had the whole place to ourselves.

I sent him through some brush.
I sent him in the dried pond.
I sent us under some tree limbs.
We went in some tight spaces.

He startled when some doves burst out of the trees.  Otherwise, he was awesome.

Finished up in the arena with all three gaits, some good canter - still slow, but good.

Came back to the house, where he got the ultimate spa day.  Bath with Vetrolin, a sturdy scrubbing with some iodine soap, rinsed with some scrubbing, Laser Sheen and fly spray all over, and some "magic pink stuff" on his tail and mane.  He's shining like a copper penny. 

His current coggins are printed up (in color), and we're ready to go.  I will have my phone (w camera) with me, so I should be able to catch some informal shots.  I'm excited!!!!  I hope Mo enjoys his field trip tomorrow.


1 comment:

SunnySD said...

Ooh - field trip! Sounds exciting. Looking forward to pictures and a story :)