Monday, May 16, 2011

05/13/11 Romeo Runnin'

Romeo must've been watching Harley, and thought it'd be funny. He caught me completely off guard when he jumped and ran off with the line.

*one of those days I shouldn't have been riding, or something*


After he got the silly off, I hopped on, obviously unmoved by his little childish moment. We walked, we trotted, we halted, we cantered. We trot--- HEY! Wait A darn fritterin' minute! I did NOT say Canter! WHoa! Okay, ignoring me, hmm?


I turned Romeo in a tight little circle to get him stopped. What'd he do? Tried to trot out of it, until he quickly realized I wasn't playing, and I wasn't in the mood to be ran off with. He wasn't going to keep cantering, and he wasn't going to go without me, either.


Then, rather than canter nicely, he wanted to give a big ugly racey trot before canter. Um, no sir. That's not going to work, either.


After about ten transitions ugly, he relaxed, and gave me a nice solid trot to canter. Rode about a circle, asked for trot, and got it again nice. Yup. That's what I'm talkin' about.


*I had this nice little idea that we would go to a local park and trail ride Saturday.

I cancelled that plan.*

No comments: