Monday, December 1, 2008

11/28/08 Lesson #2

Susan was as giddy happy to see us for the second as she was for the first. It's funny - she must often give lessons to little kids. She trains students like Ken McNabb does horses - wild rewards for the slightest try. It just about makes me laugh inside when I hear, "You did such a good job! That was fabulous!", and it's in this slap-happy tone of voice. I find myself mid-lesson wanting to sing aloud, "I'm a Little TeaPot, short and stout... Here is my handle, here is my spout!"

I was silly proud of myself when I entered the square pen and got to show off what I'd learned.
Things I did well
+legs were forward
+halts were better
+hand was up and I lifted up on the bit better

Things I need to work on
-"Help" less. Rather than pester & nag and help Romeo on every stride, I need to ask him to do it, then leave him to do it.
- keeping legs forward

Next lesson is scheduled for December 12th. She explained we are ready to work out of the little pen, and will begin working on trail obstacles.

No comments: