Monday, April 13, 2009

Weekend Summary

Wednesday night - combined choir rehearsal
Thursday night - local choir & service
Friday - local choir & service
Saturday - combined choir rehearsal & performance
Sunday - local choir performance @ Easter service

I did not get to ride this weekend. Romeo finished up his last dose of antibiotics this morning, and between work, weather, and church activities.

The weekend was a full dose of blessing, though. The combined choir performance was amazing. All the rehearsals were full of bugs, bad sound system, voices clashing all around me. In fact, it was a bit nerve-wracking - all the different sounds, all the voices I'm not used to belting in my ears. One rehearsal, I had a local church friend beside me, and two behind me, and things felt much better. Come performance, however, I had an unfamiliar voice directly behind me, and my "familiar sounds" just a bit away. Reviews from folks that came to listen were amazing-good. I was surprised. Even on the evening of the show, I still had some "audio heartburn" that it wasn't as good as it could have been with more attention to detail. Nevertheless, we did well. A start into the first song, a couple caught my attention - with their emotional response to every word sang. They were strangers to me, but I was blessed knowing they heard our words, and understood.

Sunday was, as I expected, an emotional blessing. I stayed dry-eyed for the duration, a new Easter "high" for me. There was a lot going on, and I was surrounded by close friends and loved ones. That made this year much easier than in the past.

Sunday evening, after the rains came (and brought a shower strong enough to water grass & flower beds, but not a soaker), I grabbed Ransom, and lunged the goofies off of him. He was a frisky fellow - of course, a week off and steady grain diet will do that. =) He wasn't out of control, but definitely moving out big. Lunge work about 25 minutes, followed by a cool-out session free around the arena.

Planning Ransom again tonight. Romeo's medicine is healing him up good. His boogery-nose has subsided, and he was trotting around the pasture to the barn yesterday for supper, knickering up a storm. He'll be back up to work, probably light duty Wednesday. Show's in two weeks, so we'll see what sort of pony I can magically create between now & then.

3 comments:

Stephanie - Siouxzeegirl Designs said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Easter weekend! And I am glad to hear that Romeo is in the mend :) Good luck with getting the 'show' pony ready!

Steph

Jessie said...

I am glad you had an enjoyable weekend!

I can't wait to hear about the show. I am really excited for you.

Thanks for stopping by today. Your comment was very appreciated!

Jennifer said...

Thanks to both! Appreciate ya'll taking time to comment....