Tuesday, August 11, 2009

08/10/09 Ransom Lesson

Grabbed the big monster for a dressage lesson. Jen arrived & found me a bit later than I wanted to be, so I shortened his warm up (he was being lazy anyways), and hopped on. At first, Ransom was a little short on his front right stride, but it turned out to be a "not stretched out & warmed up" issue, and the lesson was back underway.

Lots of transitions, transitions, transitions. Walk to halt, trot to walk, and reverse. Not the most exciting work, but work that needs doing anyways. Finished up with some pretty canter work. Overall, Ransom loosened up & improved throughout the lesson. Our transitions down are getting better all the time.

Jen shot some video for me to look at later on. I didn't get around to it last night, but hope to later this week. All three gaits are on the video, so I'm hoping to see some stuff I can't feel from watching it.

Feeling a bit drab this morning. I slept well last night, and ate a solid breakfast, but sugar's low anyways. Not real sure what's going on. Hoping to get it back in line shortly ... blehhhh

No comments: