Friday the rains were still playing peek-a-boo with the property, so I decided squeezing a ride in between showers wasn't worth it, and I could better serve Ransom, and me, to ride hard Saturday morning.
Jen and I focused on continuing Ransom's re-conditioning back to shape after the time off. I found him responsive to my leg, transitions decent, but in any particular gait for any amount of time, he was leaning forward, resting on the bit. Plan of action - to switch up to his hunter bit and a twisted loose ring that I've got, and remind him how awful sweet the french link loose ring is to play with. Also going to put that french link back on my bridle with the flash noseband - get him to quit flinging his mouth open any time he wants to avoid work.
His trots into canter were pretty darn good, and back down to trot not so bad, either. He was leaning nasty at the canter, which again I hope to fix with a bit switch. A good solid hour of work, and we ended on a very good note, with some nice transitions. I had his mind, he just didn't feel like carrying himself, and I think I can fix it.
We're hoping that, if the weather holds up this week, with a good week of hard work, I can have him back in shape enough to lesson on tests as a whole rather than just pieces & parts. Here's hoping.