Wednesday, September 23, 2009

09/23/09 Splish Splash

Over the last 24 hours, there was 1.76" of rain reported at the airport, about three miles from my house.

Neighbor's pasture was a flooded mess when I drove home. It was still raining lightly, and I braced for the arena to be flooded, too. I was surprised to find it really soft & deep, but only one puddled spot, which was soaking in.

Walked the perimeter of the arena, decided it was too soft to risk injuring Ransom even for a lunge, and fed the boys supper. I swear I heard Ransom snickering when I gave him grain and said, "Night off, my gentle friend. Night off. Maybe lunging tomorrow, back to ride Thursday."

The rain is good. The timing could be better, but the rain is good. At the last show, this happened with a day or two of rain before the show, and we still did alright.

Countdown.. Yikes! 5 days!

No comments: