Monday, November 2, 2009

10/30/09 Romeo

Romeo got pulled out of his pasture for the first time in a couple of weeks. When I walked by his stall when I turned Ransom out, he was nickering at me, ears pricked towards me. His little face looked so darn eager to play, I couldn't resist.

I brushed, groomed, combed mane & tail, cleaned feet (hooves look awesome, by the way), scraped off the bot eggs (yuk), grabbed his western bit,
and hopped on bareback.

I rode him for about 25 minutes, walk, collected walk, and trot. Only serious focus was on verbal "Whoa" means to stop NOW, and a solid back-up for those that I felt were late. None of it was pretty, but it was serene. He seemed awfully happy to be out & playing.

Nothing beautiful, nothing serious, just fun chillin'. He was licking & chewing when I turned him out afterwards - I think pony for "Thank You."

No comments: