Monday, November 9, 2009

11/6/09 Ransom Lunging & Working Light

I got my big bay monster all ready to go. He was pretty on the lunge line, but seemed a bit lazy. I hopped on after about twenty minutes lunging, giving him lots of work-out on his own.

We rode all the transitions I worry about, and most went well. I got him in and out of canter without a whole lotta fuss. I rode through the rough patches of test 1 again, and found them all a bit easier.

His halt at X was stickie, but they've been awful stickie for a week or so now.

Total work about 45 minutes. I wanted to get his mind 100% on me, get what I wanted to get, and get done.

I was a bit anxious about the trip to Katy. What would Leslie say when he got off the trailer? Would she be happy with his weight & muscles? Where would we ride? Would there be an audience? Would I do well? All things that worried me through the evening.

No comments: