Saturday, September 13, 2008

After the Storm... Deciding What to do.

The winds are still moderate, and there's the occasional burst of rain. It's nothing severe, though.

Here's the thing - It's 98% certain I'll need to be at work tomorrow. That's fine, BUT! I can't haul the horses in this madness. It's too windy for the trailer, by far. I don't like the idea of leaving them here, but I probably don't have a choice. They will need to stay, probably until Friday when I'm off again & can come back up here.

ARGH! I need to make up my freaking mind, and figure out what to do. I don't want to wait until 4pm for the work meeting, but maybe that is the best option. Wait until the 4:00 work call, see what the winds are like here, then pile up & go. Problem is, how long will the vet's be open, if they're even open?! I don't want to leave *everyone* here.

I should add, a friend drove to the house, walked the fenceline, and all is well. Kit-Ten was even wandering around the backyard howling for dinner. All is great at home, no wind, no rain, and in fact, better conditions than here. Problem is getting to there from here.

Darn it.. Storms like this don't come with an instruction manual. Darn it! A part of me sighs with relief.. it could've been much, much, MUCH worse. The storm turning north showed me just how bad the damage could've been. How much flooding I could be driving into, how little of a house I might have left. Instead, I'm anxiously trying to figure out what to do next. Stay or go, stay or go, stay or go. *sigh*

No comments: