Wednesday, February 4, 2009

2/3/09 Ransom Lunge

Had a friend over to hold the lunge while I rode Ransom. A very very very good ride. Side reins attached, I kept the reins anyways - line-holder has limited equine experience, and I wanted to be prepared for a train wreck.

Walk, trot, canter, both ways! =) YahOO! Our canter-right was beautiful. Headed into the canter left I tensed up afraid he was going to run right into a standard that was just out of the way. I knew my toosh was tight, but couldn't concentrate enough on relaxing it. Canter right was awesome though...

Cooled down with a walk on the rail, deeep deeep into the corners. We were distracted a little by the trucks, four wheelers, and dogs sprinting up & down the neighbor's driveway, but still good ride.

Total work about 50 minutes. I lost track of time on the line - easy to do that when it's going so well.

No comments: