Thursday, February 5, 2009

2/4/09 Romeo

Worked western, warmed up in a pretty walk/trot/canter. Held him up more to the right with my legs, and loose rein. His rollbacks are getting better, nice & slowly. Had three steps in the spins each direction without a lotta fuss. Finished up in the L-backup, with shorter reins. He didn't like the shorter reins much...

After about 50 mins or so of "work work", I unsaddled, brushed him out, crawled on bareback, and let him graze up some hay droppings by the barn. Just some relaxing time, enjoying him and Ransom, before heading out.

Oh, did I mention?! I'm going on V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N!!! I head out tomorrow for Louisiana, on a long weekend break. Hanging out with work friends that live in the area, and capture some culture in a place I haven't been. I've seen Baton Rouge from a hotel window, for work trips, but not really vacationed.

I'll take plenty of pictures, and will be taking my laptop along for blogging updates. Yes, Yes, I will try to blog the events of the day before I forget half of them. I can't guarantee the truthfulness of the accounts, but I'll do my best. :)

No comments: