Monday, June 15, 2009

Conversation Starter...

How do you view your riding? Are you hoping to accomplish a certain task, then "stop learning", and repeat the same thing forever? Are you "always learning", constantly searching for the next level of whatever style of riding you're in? Is it a faster run time? A higher fence? A better test score?


How about your horses? Is every ride a lesson for them? Are you trying to get them more supple, more responsive, better at a certain task? Or have they reached the goals you want for them, and now you just enjoy that current task together, satisfied you've gotten good enough?

My answers & thoughts later in the week...

2 comments:

LA Nickers said...

With young horses . . . . I am always learning . . . and learning how much I still have to learn.

;-)

Linda
The Mane Point

WEBSITE DESIGN RAFFLE – THROUGH DECEMBER 1, 2009

jacksonsgrrl said...

With my horse, I am constantly learning and aspire to do so much with him. Taking dressage lessons, but I would like to get into eventing AND competetive trail riding. I am enjoying every minute of the ride. Well....the broken shoulder 2 years ago sucked....
But, the progress we have made makes me proud of my horse and I.
Who needs a psychiatrist? I just ride!