Tuesday, July 14, 2009

7/12/09 FreeStyle Farms - Show Day! Video Recap

I watched the video with her remarks. They were taken from just off angle from A, looking towards C.

I saw crooked centerlines she didn't see... I didn't see all of the "tension". Some of her comments where she gave trots down diagonals "7", she remarked "Could've been a longer not quicker stride." Holy crap pickie! He was , oh, about 4" or less from tracking under at trot. Which, while I know ain't dressage-perfect, it sure looked good for him.. =) I know I know.. 7 is good...

Got two 8s for enter working trot, halt, salute. Funny... Then there were remarks "completely halt horse's motion before salute." On the 6 halts, and the 8 halts, I don't see ANY difference.. LOL Maybe it's camera angle ...

She remarked A LOT that the rider looked tense. Sometimes, those comments came with 6s, sometimes with 7s. There are a handful of 5s, which are mostly for head-up transitions, or spots where I had to use heavy rein to get a down transition - perfectly understandable scores.

There was another common thread, which looking at video, she's right - free walks got 6s and 7s, comments "not stretched enough" - I wasn't giving him the full length of the reins because he has an occasional habit of tossing his head forward when I give him rein. I've been correcting him for it with a leg thump, bit tug, and verbal correction (growl, or "NO Sir!").

So, most of it I see, some of it I think is really being pickie, but I need to remember the 7s are great, 6s are good...

No comments: