Wednesday, July 22, 2009

7/21/09 Romeo Goofing Off

I had a bit of a stressful day surrounding Ransom. Some of it was, in fact, awesome. I heard from the TAMU Coach, Ransom's previous Mom. I learned quite a bit about him, all stuff for another blog post. I'm getting some outside pressure to get more weight on Ransom, something I've been working on for a few months now. I don't think he's skinny, per se, but he can benefit from some extra calories. I'm hoping the whole situation is easing a bit...

After a crazy work day, and a bit of Ransom-care-stress, I ran home, fed the boys, mowed my yard (amazing, a bit of rain, and the grass was tall & unruly). Changed back into jeans, and jumped on Romeo, in the pasture, with his bit, and walked around. Walked him up, brushed some of the dirt off, hopped back on, and did walk & jog around the house. Nothing serious, nothing significant.

He was, well, Romeo. Cute! Neighbor's kids were zipping past on their dirtbike a few times, and he'd stop to look, but that was about it. Very cute.. It was neat to be moving around, at a solid steady jog, bareback, just moving along with him. One of these days, I'm going to mumble up the courage and try bareback canter in the arena. Grabba wadda mane, and hope for the best.

No comments: